The conference will take place April 11-13, 2014 at the Ramada Plaza Hotel St. Louis Downtown Convention Center.
“This year’s conference reflects the many ‘shades of writing’ through our conference line-up, which addresses topics like non-fiction, query letters, agent etiquette, mystery writing, character building and more,” said 2014 Conference Chair Lisa Miller who is also the owner of St. Louis-based Walrus Publishing, Inc. “Regardless of whether they’re published or not, conference attendees will have an opportunity to network with writing professionals from around the country who can help them reach their writing goals.”
Early Bird Registration ends tomorrow at 9 p.m. Register now!
Early Bird Registration rates are:
- $135 for MWG members
- $145 for chapter members
- $165 for the general public.
Friday Conference Activities
- Early arrival 2-hour session called, "How to talk to an agent and other important conference topics" presented by Literary Agent Sorche Fairbank.
- Agents Read the Slush Pile session, where attendees may submit the beginning pages of their manuscripts for the agents to read and provide feedback.
- Night Cap Sessions: An informal time when conference faculty and attendees break into smaller groups for more intimate discussions on a variety of writing and publishing related topics.
- Open Mic, hosted by the St. Louis Writers' Guild
- Book store and author signing times for Faculty and MWG Members.
Saturday Conference Activities
- Welcoming Session called, "Pitch Perfect" by Writer's Digest Editor Chuck Sambuchino after conference faculty introductions.
- A selection of 16 breakout sessions to choose from throughout the day. Topics include query letters, dealing with rejection, building your freelance portfolio, moving your book to the silver screen, deep editing techniques, developing active settings and more. Full descriptions are on the breakout sessions page on the MWG conference website.
- Individual Pitch Sessions with Agents & Editors. All conference attendees receive scheduled, individual face time with agents and editors during Saturday to pitch their manuscripts. Pitch assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis according to the attendee's order of registration. Another good reason to register early! Additional information about Pitch Appointments is on the Agent & Editor Pitch Page.
- Lunch is included with your registration. In addition, Best-selling Author Mary Buckham will give this year's Luncheon Keynote Speech.
- Regular conference activities conclude with networking time at 9th Street Restaurant & Lounge.
Register early and save $30. In addition, anyone who registers early will be entered into a raffle to win a free practice pitch session with literary scout and author Matthew Frederick.
You could also win a chance to purchase a query letter critique and one-on-one review session with Writer's Digest Book Editor Chuck Sambuchino. Mr. Sambuchino has limited his query letter critique sessions to 10.
Be sure to register by Dec. 31 at 9 p.m. to get your chance to win one of these great opportunities in addition to the benefits provided by this year's "50 Shades of Writing" Conference.
Click here to register via Paypal >>>
Click here to register by mail (PDF) >>>
Hurry and act now. Prices increase on Jan. 1 to:
- $165 for MWG members
- $175 for Chapter Members
- $195 for the general public
Sign Me Up for the 2014 "50 Shades of Writing" Missouri Writers' Guild Conference >>>